BCEC was founded in Chinatown in June, 1961, with only 18 members; today at our Chinatown Campus, we currently have about 1000 worshippers every Sunday. We still operate out of our original church building, although as our church community has expanded through the years, we have expanded to some surrounding buildings in Chinatown.
We have worship services in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin, Sunday School classes for every age group, children to adult, as well as many fellowship groups. For more information about our ministries, times, locations, and directions, please feel free to browse through our website or contact us.
Two Sunday services are held at the
main BCEC building (249 Harrison Ave)
Two Sunday services are held at
Josiah Quincy School (885 Washington St)
Key Locations within Chinatown Campus
Main BCEC Church Building
249 Harrison Ave, Boston, MA
- Every Sunday, home to our Mandarin Service at 9:15am and our Cantonese Service at 11am.
- This building is a also meeting location for many of BCEC’s community groups throughout the week.
Josiah Quincy School
885 Washington St, Boston, MA
- Open every Sunday – home to our English Service at 9:15am and our Cantonese Service at 11:15am.
- Our numerous English Sunday School sessions are also held at this location (Kids, Youth, College, Adult).
Josiah Quincy Upper School
900 Washington St, Boston, MA
- Open every Sunday – Cantonese and Mandarin Sunday Schools are held here.
Getting to Chinatown Campus
- Nearest subway stops are Tufts Medical (orange line) or Boylston (Green Line), both less then 5 minutes walk away. Downtown Crossing (Red Line) is also about a 10 minute walk away.
- If driving in, we are located right off the Massachusetts Turnpike and I-93. Street parking is available around the Chinatown area. Nearby garage parking is also available for regular attendees (find us at the welcome table for details)