The Social Responsibility Committee (SRC) has established a mini-grant program to encourage members of the congregation to serve our local community in response to the church theme “Seek the Peace of the City.” This grant provides up to $500 for an individual or $1500 for a group (requests for additional funding will also be considered). Previous awarded projects were described in our church quarterly publication “Connections”: page 8 of issue 40 and page 8 of issue 41.
Application procedure (all forms available at www.bcec.net/src)
- Complete the online application form (printed version available by request).
- Ask a BCEC pastoral staff to complete a reference form, to be submitted directly to the SRC.
- Complete an interview with the SRC following an initial screening process.
Eligibility and restrictions
- Proposals must be submitted by a member of BCEC (full or associate).
- Applications must be submitted before May 30, 2019. Project may last for up to 12 months but must begin before October 1, 2019.
- The mini-grants DO NOT cover personal expenses incurred as a result of participating in the service project (e.g., transportation costs, gas, food).
- The proposal should describe how the project will be carried out in the coming year, including how to reach out to the target group.
- Proposals that serve our local communities that are underserved (e.g. elders, new immigrants, those who are homeless, etc.) are highly encouraged.
- Grantee must submit a report summarizing the service project they participated in within four weeks after the project is completed. Include evaluation and feedback of experience from service project participants.
- Grantee will be invited to attend an SRC meeting to present an in-person report.
- Grantee should be prepared to share his/her testimony of the experience in our quarterly publication Connections in English or Chinese if requested.
Applicants will be contacted within two months after the complete application has been received. Please submit questions and application materials to email@example.com