BCEC strives to build communities of believers from the greater Boston area. We have two campuses: Our site in Chinatown, located in the heart of Boston’s downtown, and now also in suburban Newton, 15 minutes by car from downtown Boston.
We invite you to visit us at whichever campus allows you to better worship God and minister to others.
120 Shawmut Ave., Boston
218 Walnut St., Newton
Our two campuses are only 15 minutes from each other by car.
BCEC was founded in Chinatown in June, 1961, with only 18 members; today at our Chinatown Campus, we currently have about 1000 worshippers every Sunday. We now operate out of our building at 120 Shawmut Ave.
We have worship services in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin, Sunday School classes for every age group, children to adult, as well as many fellowship groups. For more information about our ministries, times, locations, and directions, please feel free to browse through our website or contact us.
Getting to Chinatown Campus
Address: 120 Shawmut Ave., Boston, MA
- Nearest subway stops are Tufts Medical (orange line) or Boylston (Green Line), both less then 5 minutes walk away. Downtown Crossing (Red Line) is also about a 10 minute walk away.
- If driving in, we are located right off the Massachusetts Turnpike and I-93. Street parking is available around the Chinatown area. Nearby garage parking is also available for regular attendees (find us at the welcome table for details)
In 2003, we launched our new campus in Newton, located 15 minutes by car from downtown Boston. It was our vision to expand our campuses to make ourselves more accessible to suburban Bostonians, and to be able to reach more people for Christ.
The Newton Campus began with almost 200 worshippers, with worship services in English and Cantonese, and Sunday School classes for every age group. Since 2010, we have added a Mandarin-speaking ministry. Most fellowship groups are combined with the Chinatown campus, in order to share our resources. For more information about our ministries, times, locations, and directions, please feel free to browse through our website or contact us.
Located in a 100+ year old church building
The main sanctuary at our Newton Campus
Getting to Newton Campus
Address: 218 Walnut St, Newton, MA
- Newton is a nearby suburb of Boston – We are located off Route 90, on Walnut Street (Google Maps).
- The commuter rail and some bus stops are nearby, although the recommended mode of transportation is driving.
- Plenty of street parking is available in the area.